- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- We may use both ‘session’ cookies and ‘persistent’ cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you revisit.
- Session cookies will normally be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
- We may send a cookie, which may be stored on by your browser on your computer's hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website's usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you. Our advertisers may also send you cookies.
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. However, this will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- Safari (macOS): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB
- Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-Cookies-website-preferences
- Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
- authentication - to identify you when you visit our website and as you navigate our website;
- status - to help us to determine if you are logged into our website;
- personalisation - to store information about your preferences and to personalise the website for you;
- security - as an element of the security measures used to protect user accounts, including preventing fraudulent use of login credentials, and to protect our website and services generally;
- analysis - to help us to analyse the use and performance of our website and services; and
Security of your Personal Data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
We may update this policy from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to remove the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
Third Party Websites