These Terms and Conditions are the standard terms for the provision of baked goods and cakes to customers who are consumers by Lovely Buns Limited, 3B, Stamford Works, London, N16 8JH.
- These Terms and Conditions govern the sale and provision of baked goods and cakes by us and will form the basis of the Contract between us and you. Before submitting an Order, please ensure that you have read these Terms and Conditions carefully. If you are unsure about any part of these Terms and Conditions, please ask us for clarification.
- Nothing provided by us including, but not limited to, sales and marketing literature, price lists and other documents constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer that we may, at our discretion, accept.
- A legally binding contract between us and you will be created upon our acceptance of your order, indicated by our order confirmation. Order confirmations will be provided by email or in writing.
- We shall ensure that the following information is given or made available to you prior to the formation of the Contract between us and you, save for where such information is already apparent from the context of the transaction:
- The main characteristics of the cake;
- Our identity (set out above in Clause 2) and contact details (as set out below in Clause 12);
- The total Price for the cake including taxes or, if the nature of the cakes is such that the Price cannot be calculated in advance, the manner in which it will be calculated;
- The arrangements for payment, performance and the time by which (or within which) we undertake to produce the cake;
- Our complaints handling policy;
- we shall ensure that you are aware of Our legal duty to supply goods (the Food) that are in conformity with the Contract;
- Where applicable, details of after-sales services and commercial guarantees; and
- The duration of the Contract, where applicable, or if the Contract is of indeterminate duration or is to be extended automatically, the conditions for terminating the Contract.
ORDER AND ADVICE
All Orders for cakes will be subject to these Terms and Conditions:
When placing your Order, the following information will be required and understood:
- The cake designs are the result of what is in season and they are down to the discretion of Lovely Buns Limited. Unless otherwise discussed, we design our cakes accordingly to what seasonal items we have in stock.
- By ordering a cake from Lovely Buns Limited, you are approving to our signature style and our professional choice on colour, flowers and seasonal decorations.
- All of Lovely Buns Limited cakes come the base board as standard unless another colour is requested.
BESPOKE CAKES - COPYRIGHT
- When ordering a bespoke cake the interpretation of customers’ bespoke requirements and amendments to the design are approved by the customer during the order process; written/verbal descriptions will be used to explain what the customer will receive.
- If you want to use another cake designers existing design as inspiration, we are happy to be inspired, but we will not create an exact replica of the design. Copying someone else’s original cake design without their permission is an act of copyright infringement. Therefore I respect other cake artists as my cake designs should be respected.
OTHER BAKED GOOD
- By ordering cookies, block cakes, buns or other baked goods from Lovely Buns Limited, you are approving to our signature style and our professional opinion.
- All items will be packaged to withstand transportation.
ALLERGIES AND DIETARY REQUIREMENTS
- All allergies are provided per item on our website. If you have any dietary requirements or need more specific information in regards to our ingredients please email email@example.com.
- Unless otherwise specified all Lovely Buns’ cakes and baked goods contain gluten (wheat), nuts and often soybeans and are made in an environment that handles nuts, soya, and alcohol. Nut-free and gluten-free cakes can be made on request but we cannot guarantee that these cakes will not contain trace amounts of these ingredients due to the nature of production.
- Lovely Buns Limited accepts no liability for customers suffering allergic reactions from eating our baked goods and cakes.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to make Lovely Buns Limited aware of any special dietary requirements that need to be accommodated in the making of their baked goods and cakes.
- We cannot guarantee that the fruit used to make our jams and marmalades are 100% stone-free, as pips and stones can be missed in rare circumstances in the manufacturing process.
DELIVERY AND COLLECTION
POSTAL + LONDON DELIVERY
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure a complete and correct address is supplied, with a correct phone number and, where necessary, the correct business details to ensure our delivery drivers get your parcel to the correct location.
- It is the customer’s responsibility that there is someone available to accept the delivery at the address. Lovely Buns cannot accept responsibility for any missing deliveries due to incorrect or insufficient information supplied, or because there is no-one available to accept the delivery. Lovely Buns Limited will ask our drivers to leave your delivery with a neighbour or in a safe place if no one is around to accept delivery.
- Lovely Buns Limited charges a flat fee for postal delivery across the UK. Our delivery charges include delivery to the agreed location via Royal Mail 24-Hour Tracked Delivery service, or another trusted courier.
- Lovely Buns Limited baked goods and/or cakes can be delivered throughout London within a 10 mile radius of our bakery in N16 8JH. Deliveries are normally between 11am-6pm Monday-Friday excluding public holidays and bank holidays, unless otherwise disclosed on our website or via email.
- Lovely Buns Limited can deliver outside of our catchment area of 10 miles, but the circumstances and requirements must be discussed with Lovely Buns Limited and decisions as to whether this is appropriate will be made on a per-cake basis. Delivery charges for these locations will also be discussed on a per-cake basis.
- Lovely Buns Limited charges a fee for delivery based on distance from our bakery. Our delivery charges include delivery to the agreed location via ourselves, or via a trusted courier service.
- You can collect any baked goods and/or cakes from our bakery at 3B, Stamford Works, Dalston, London, N16 8JH. Once you have collected your cake it is your responsibility to transport it to your location.
- Lovely Buns Limited accepts no liability for any damages made to your cake once you have collected and left our bakery.
DAMAGES AND QUALITY
- Lovely Buns is an independent bakery and everything is handmade to order. There may be slight variations in appearance of our baked goods from images shown on our website or/and social media platforms. For example: if you are ordering a batch of cookies there will always be a variation in appearance of each cookie. Cakes will vary seasonally depending on what decorations we have available.
- All of our postal goods are designed and packaged to withstand handling via our postal courier service.
- If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase or the standard of our service please email us with photographic evidence and an explanation of the problem to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will discuss a solution on a per-order basis.
- Lovely Buns Limited accepts no liability for cakes that are damaged after they have been collected by the customer from our bakery.
- Cakes that are delivered by Lovely Buns Limited or using a trusted same-day courier delivery service are always handled with the upmost care. However, if you unhappy with the condition your cake has arrived in, please email us within 24-hours of delivery with photographic evidence and an explanation of the problem and we will discuss a solution on a per-cake basis.
- All Lovely Buns Limited cakes are fragile and require care and attention when handling, storing and displaying to prevent damage occurring.
- Please take care when displaying your cake to avoid direct sunlight, spotlights or candles creating damage to the cake decorations.
- All Lovely Buns Limited cakes are designed to withstand normal and reasonable display conditions.
- Lovely Buns Limited accepts no liability for cakes that are damaged during display at your event/premises.
- We require payment in full at the point of ordering, unless otherwise agreed with us. We will provide you with an order quote which you can then confirm and pay electronically. You will then be issued a payment receipt. If you wish to make any changes to the order, or something appears incorrectly on your receipt please contact email@example.com as soon as you can.
- Payments are made using our secure online payment system or through Paypal.
- As we hand bake everything to order, we can only guarantee a full refund of your order if we receive your order cancellation instructions at least 48 hours before the collection time of the delivery driver or customer. Any other cancellation refunds will be entirely at the discretion of Lovely Buns limited.
- If any of the following occur, we may cancel your order and the contract immediately by giving you written notice.
- we are unable to provide the wedding cakes due to an event outside of our control.
- We will be responsible for any foreseeable loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of Our breach of the Contract or as a result of Our negligence (including that of Our employees, agents or sub-contractors). Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of the breach or negligence or if it is contemplated by you and us when the Contract is created. we will not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to exclude or limit Our liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence (including that of Our employees, agents or sub-contractors); or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to exclude or limit Our liability for failing to produce the cakes with reasonable care and skill or in accordance with information provided by us about the cake or about us.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to exclude or limit your legal rights as a consumer. For more details of your legal rights, please refer to your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL (Force Majeure)
- We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing our obligations where that failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond our reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, fire, explosion, flood, storms, earthquakes, subsidence, acts of terrorism (threatened or actual), acts of war (declared, undeclared, threatened, actual or preparations for war), epidemic or other natural disaster, or any other event that is beyond Our reasonable control.
PROBLEMS WITH YOUR ORDER AND YOUR LEGAL RIGHT
- We always use reasonable efforts to ensure that our provision of the order is trouble-free. If, however, there is a problem with the order we request that you inform us as soon as is reasonably possible.
- We will use reasonable efforts to remedy problems with the order as quickly as is reasonably possible and practical.
- We will not charge you for remedying problems under this clause where the problems have been caused by us, any of our agents or employees or sub-contractors or where nobody is at fault. If we determine that a problem has been caused by incorrect or incomplete information or action provided or taken by you, we may charge you for remedial work.
COMPLAINTS AND FEEDBACK
- We always welcome feedback from our customers and, while we always use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your experience as a customer of ours is a positive one, we nevertheless want to hear from you if you have any cause for complaint.
- If you wish to complain about any aspect of your dealings with us, including, but not limited to these Terms and Conditions, the Contract, or the order, please contact us.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION (DATA PROTECTION)
- All personal information that we may use will be collected, processed, and held in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights under the GDPR.
- For complete details of Our collection, processing, storage, and retention of personal data including, but not limited to, the purpose(s) for which personal data is used, the legal basis or bases for using it, details of your rights and how to exercise them, and personal data sharing (where applicable), please refer to Our Privacy Notice available from firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- We may transfer (assign) our obligations and rights under these Terms and Conditions (and under the contract, as applicable) to a third party (this may happen, for example, if we sell our business). If this occurs you will be informed by us in writing. your rights under these Terms and Conditions will not be affected and Our obligations under these Terms and Conditions will be transferred to the third party who will remain bound by them.
- You may not transfer (assign) your obligations and rights under these Terms and Conditions (and under the contract, as applicable) without our express written permission.
- The Contract is between you and us. It is not intended to benefit any other person or third party in any way and no such person or party will be entitled to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court or other authority, that / those provision(s) shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions. The remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall be valid and enforceable.
- No failure or delay by us or you in exercising any of Our rights under these Terms and Conditions means that we have waived such right, and no waiver by us of a breach of any provision of these Terms and Conditions means that we will waive any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- These Terms and Conditions, the Contract, and the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law of England & Wales.
- As a consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law in your country of residence. Nothing in the above takes away or reduces your rights as a consumer to rely on those provisions.
- Any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between you and us relating to these Terms and Conditions, the Contract, or the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency.
CHANGES TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at this page.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms and conditions by updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these terms and conditions amounts to your acceptance of those changes.
Questions about the Terms and Conditions should be sent to us at email@example.com